We’re focused on building a cutting edge software platform to help enterprise teams move quickly with confidence. We’re the leader in work orchestration & observability, enabling teams to plan, orchestrate, and analyze complex work faster, smarter, and with greater visibility. We’ve come a long way in a short space of time: more than doubling our global team to 100+ people, bringing on board multiple top-tier Enterprise clients (including some of the world’s largest Financial Services institutions), & having Eldridge lead our recent $35m Series B round along with a number of great partners like Index Ventures, who led our $17m round Series A in 2019.
We’re scaling our Customer Journey Organisation [CJO = the term we give to all of our teams focused on driving Cutover’s revenue] organization in a big way in 2021 and we’re excited to start the search for a talented enablement pro to join us and lead Sales Enablement globally.
One of our core Guiding Principles at Cutover is “Stay curious and enable others to succeed”, so we feel confident in saying that we’re a global team that is very much bought into the importance of building knowledge and striving for self-improvement. Reporting into our Global Director of RevOps & Enablement, this role will be pivotal in helping us to build strong foundations that will allow us to continue scaling in a sustainable manner, while ensuring that we are doing everything within our power to build a culture of success and enablement within our go-to-market teams.
What you’ll be doing as our Head of Sales Enablement….
- Partnering with go-to-market leadership to define the strategy that will underpin sales enablement, training and our broader “revenue acceleration” programs.
- Designing & developing world-class innovative training content and programs for our sales team and our wider commercial organization (Customer Success, Marketing, Partners, etc).
- Optimizing ramp time for new hires (and also – importantly – those who get promoted into full cycle sales roles) by building a thorough, engaging and constantly developing onboarding program for our new joiners; you’ll play a key role in measuring the success of our ramp, onboarding and enablement philosophies, too.
- Becoming an expert in Cutover products, go-to-market philosophy and our commercial methodologies.
- Leveraging data and insights (Culture Amp engagement surveys and feedback cycles, for example) to identify key learning opportunities for our commercial teams; you’ll work in close collaboration with our People Team: sales enablement shouldn’t happen in a silo, after all!
- Being a bridge between Product, Engineering, Product Marketing and the wider commercial organization: you’re going to be the point person for ensuring relevant product and technical information flows in all necessary directions to keep our team engaged and informed as we ship new products with increasing pace over the coming quarters.
- Building a genuine culture of accountability amongst our commercial leadership team, ensuring that our go-to-market leaders are genuine partners and facilitators of our Enablement strategy
What we’d like you to bring to the table for this role…
- You’ll have several years of experience working in a Sales Enablement role at an Enterprise software company (ideally you’ll have worked closely with sales teams selling disruptive SaaS products to complex Large Enterprise accounts). If you spent some successful time doing what you do in a quickly growing scale-up company, that would really make your application stand out. In terms of years of experience, we’re thinking you’ll likely have 4+ years in this field, but we’re not stuck to that number.
- You’ll be a confident, credible public speaker and you’ll be used to building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Leading and recording thought leadership, enablement and training sessions will be second nature to you.
- You’ll have created customer-facing training content in past roles and will have a keen eye for detail and a flair for telling engaging stories with written and visual content. You love creating journeys & workflows for users, gamification and milestone-based learning.
- Ideally, you will have hands on experience in a sales role previously (but not required).
- You’ll have entrepreneurial spirit with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity. You’ll be able to be efficient with limited resources (classic “scale-up company scrappiness” will be needed!) and identify internal process gaps that you can help evolve and fix as Cutover scales. You’ll also have experience managing internal projects and initiatives involving multiple teams and stakeholders.
- You’re technically savvy, with experience using the tech-stack and tool-kit of a modern SaaS sales pro. You’re also keen to develop a strong knowledge of the Cutover platform and solutions.
- If you have prior experience using Intercom and a best-in-class LMS platform(s), that would be a plus.