You will have to download it to read it, but here is my latest overview of the $8Bn USD a year Sales Enablement SaaS market.
- Complete table (almost 725 line items) to export/download yourself
In Google search traffic to this blog, in discussion forums of the SALES ENABLEMENT SOCIETY sesociety.org and on Quora I see the ongoing demand for numbers on the market size of the Sales Enablement market.
It is an interesting market with a very long tail (revenue distribution) and an even longer list of companies that have already gone under:
Click the image above to see my entire list
28-Jun-2018 when Upland Software announced their acquisition of RO Innovation they called it…
…the $400+ million annual sales enablement software market
… which is quoting Travis, T. (2017, September 6): Sales Enablement Platforms Expand the SalesTech Stack.
Obviously there are many ways to define the boundaries of this market.
Here is my definition of Sales Enablement.
The Gartner Report: Market Guide for Digital Content Management for Sales published 17-Nov-2017 sees…
…“Digital content management for sales (DCMS)” […] vendors […] “generate $423.5 million in revenue, up by approximately 16% from the previous year.”
Obviously, the Sales Engagement Platform market is different from the Sales Enablement Technology [or Sales Enablement Platform] market.
However, it is interesting to take Aragon’s numbers to see what growth rate they are assuming.
If they really think that market can reach $5B by 2021 (which I question; unless they count some of Salesforce’s revenue) and if they assume a linear growth rate, then they are assuming a market growth rate of 59.12% a year.
If not assuming a linear growth rate, then their model might look something like this:
As you can see from the links further down below I’m trying to track both the growth & consolidation of this market.
In 2018 the largest category with the greatest number of vendors was Sales Automation, Enablement & Intelligence with 490 solutions.
Scott actually wrote a post on this growth & consolidation entitled The paradox of simultaneous MarTech consolidation and expansion, illustrated
Whilst this blog salesenablement.wordpress.com just wants to show a complete picture of the market without rankings or recommendations, I have recently come across a couple of such perspectives:
Ignoring Salesforce, Google, Hubspot, Adobe, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, Velocify Inc., Jive Software, etc… here is my current draft of the long tail of Sales Enablement market players by revenue.
25-Jul-2019, Bigtincan acquired the assets of Portland, Oregon, USA based Veelo, Inc. for US$1.8m.
5-Sep-2019, Bigtincan acquired Asdeq Labs
5-Sep-2019, Mediafly acquired iPresent Ltd.
30-Sep-2019, Xinnovation, Inc. (“XINN”)
xinn.com @GoXinn acquisition by Bigtincan
Nov 4, 2019, Costello acquired by SalesLoft
My total count is 186 vendors.
The revenue shown in the graph above (I took out Enhatch) is a lot more than the $400M from Travis, T. (2017, September 6): Sales Enablement Platforms Expand the SalesTech Stack.
I added some to account for the elephants in the software market and some for the very long ‘long tail’ of small vendors, agencies, consultants & custom software development shops with Sales Enablement projects, Hence you get to more than the $780M Aragon Research has for the so called Sales Engagement Platform market. I know many companies consider their Microsoft SharePoint document repository as their Sales Enablement portal:
- Salesforce (LevelJump, Slack, Salesforce CRM / Content / Chatter / Einstein / AppExchange / Trailhead / ‘Sales Cloud’ files & libraries)
- Google Cloud Platform (G Suite / Drive / Docs / Sheets / Slides / Keep / Forms / Sites)
- SAP (Emarsys / Signavio / Callidus / iCentera / Litmos, LMS) CRM, CPQ, CLM, Marketing Automation, …
- Adobe Systems (Marketo + ToutApp + Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, now part of Adobe Experience Manager Mobile)
- Microsoft (Microsoft Office, Office Delve, Teams, SharePoint, Dynamics, Yammer, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning, etc…)
- IBM (IBM Smarter Workforce former
kenexa.com+ Vivisimo Velocity Platform = IBM InfoSphere Data Explorer)
- Oracle (Oracle CPQ Cloud former BigMachines Inc + InQuira)
- Velocify Inc. ($50M in revenue annually; competes with SalesHood)
- Jive Software (used to have $203.5M in revenue annually)
This blog turns 13 years old in 2022. See the archive going back all the way to 2009.
I’m always looking for new ways to show the entire market size and the percentage breakdown of all the market players.
I see the market at $8Bn USD in annual revenue in 2022, but only if counting some of the revenue of the really large players in software that bought out smaller Sales Enablement players or those big players who offer free/freemium tools that could be used for Sales Enablement.
Here are more of my lists:
- 725 line items long table to export/download yourself
- Global list / companies worldwide
- European list / Europe based companies
- Canadian list / Canada based companies
- Australian list / New Zealand based companies
- Vendors from the Nordics
- India based (or development in India)
- Sales Enablement market deathwatch
- DIY (Do It Yourself) and b2c tools
- Sales Enablement tools powered by Machine Learning & AI
I track the number of LinkedIn users with Sales Enablement in their current job title: