Product Marketing Manager incl Sales and Channel Enablement
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
POSTED: AUGUST 23, 2010
About the Company
What’s the most effective way to measure productivity and profitability? This next-generation BI vendor knows. With 75+ plants in production, they’re bringing their solution to global clients in pharma, chemicals, aluminum and more. Their cash flow is steady, their pipeline is full and the SAP community heavyweights are enthusiastic supporters and partners. The best sign that they have a solid product and a winning methodology? To date, no pilot installation has failed to turn into a deal. Not a single one.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for your products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager you will be the expert in buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Channel marketing – build from the ground up a new infrastructure to enable 3rd party sales teams
- Close working relationship with company’s executive team
This position offers a competitive compensation package, including stock options. pVelocity is an equal opportunity employer.
Who Should Apply
- 5+ years of software product marketing experience with at least 2 years experience in a field facing role
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing
- Very strong written communication skills
- Willing to travel
- Partner/channel marketing experience is an asset
- Experience in ERP, MRP, CRM, and/or BI solutions a plus
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- The Candidate must be based in Toronto